Friday 22 January 2016

The peppy sound of love

The sound of love is not necessarily a gentle, soft and silent one. The sound of your lover's voice, the beep of your phone when you get a message from your spouse, listening to your partner's heartbeats and knowing that everything is well with the world - so many things about love are related to sound, sometimes gentle and sometimes wacky. If you are not passionate or crazy about a person, it cannot be love. When it comes to my story of love, ours is peppy, crazy and wacky one.

On October 25, 2002:

It was a fine afternoon and all of us in our class were assembled in Physics lab in our college. My eyes were searching for him vigorously throughout the lab. But he was not there. "Where is he?", I asked myself. "He must have gone to his home for lunch. But it's too late.", I thought. After 10 minutes, he entered the lab and I was flying in the air to see him back. I reassured that I love him so much by those 10 minutes itself.

Almost 12 days ran over since he expressed his love to me. If you ask my heart whether I love him, yes would be the answer. I love him but I am struggling so much as I am not sure how to tell. Every day he asks me whether there is any positive change in me as I did not respond to his proposal on that day. I know that I am dragging him so much. He keeps telling that he believes that I love him.

Our Physics professor entered the lab at ultrasonic speed. He asked us to form 7 members group. As there were confusions in forming ourselves, he read out the names in alphabetical order to form groups. Luckily, both of our names start with 'S'. So we were put into the same group.

Our group was assigned an exercise with sonometer. There were only 3 sonometers in the lab. My physics professor told that 2 people had to do with one apparatus. He also asked the extra person to join the another group.

He came to me and asked me to join with him. I refused by words but not by heart. One of our team members Riya came to my sweetheart and told to come with her as I was refusing. "She is not interested in joining with you, right? Why are you begging her? Come with me. Let us do it", she told.

My sweetheart asked her to join another person but she told that she could not leave. The other four members started doing the exercise. Our professor noted that chaos among us. "One of you come out soon", he shouted.

Riya started pushing me to leave them. Suddenly my face got distorted with rage. Tears started coming out and I was about to cry. But she did not mind it at all.

"Why are you still standing?", she asked. "It is time to break the silence.", I thought. "You are the one who has to go.", I told.

"Me?", she asked. I know that Riya also has a soft corner for him. "Yes, you.", I said.

"But why?", she asked. "I cannot see him pairing with others", I told. "That is not my problem. Please leave soon.", she told.

"I cannot allow him to join with you", I told again. "Who are you to allow?", she asked.

My temper became very bad. I told her, "I am his lover."

She became sluggish and left the place. I was not able to rush out from the bad temper. "Why are you keeping silence? Do you want to join with her?", I shouted at him.

"No, I was waiting to hear such words from your mouth.", he told. "What?", I asked him. "I meant that I wanted to hear these peppy words from you. There will be no possessiveness when there is no love, right? ", he told.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

1 comment: