Wednesday 16 March 2016

My golden memory

August 21, 2014, the most precious date in my life on which God has made me a complete woman. It was the very first day on which I saw the whole meaning of my life on my hand in the form of little one. The day on which I had successive peppy moments in my life, right from seeing the cute one making his presence in this world, touching his very soft hands, holding him for the first time and, more importantly feeding him for the first time. 

The cute one was quite only for few hours but started crying very frequently and loudly even in the nights. Within a very short period of time, I suspected that the signs were not good. I felt that my baby was struggling with something. More precisely, I thought that he might have some minor health issue.

When the doctors visited my room, I told them the same. With no care, they said that nothing to worry and he was normal. But I was not convinced. But everyone around me told not to have a negative thinking.


The situation became chaotic just in 2 days. With continuous visits of relatives and constant crying of my baby, I felt physically down without the much required rest. But my mind was wandering about my baby. The doctors continued to say there was no problem with the baby.


On the second day, the situation had become worse in the evening. I saw my son's eyes turning pale yellow in color. In the midnight, my baby started crying without stopping. My mom and hubby went to meet the duty doctor. The duty doctor did not even bother to come out from her seat to see what was happening. She just answered, "Some babies will cry continuously. I have seen so many babies. I do not understand why you are creating a big issue with this.". My mom lost her patience and started scolding her. Then, she came to my room with no interest. She saw the baby and said he was good only. We were totally fed up with the duty doctor and waited desperately for the next day to meet the main doctor.


The main doctor came to my room for regular visit along with few other doctors. I told her that his eyes were looking pale yellow in color. She told that she also did not suspect anything as such but she would ask the nurses to take blood sample for testing neonatal jaundice.


I was not afraid as I just wanted to cure the illness first. I was happy that at least one step was taken. We were waiting for the nurse to come to take blood sample. But she did not come. Evening had come and we lost our hope again. My mom went to meet the nurse and asked her to come to my room.


"This nurse is telling that she is not aware of the blood test was instructed and the morning shift nurse did not inform her and wrote it anywhere.", my mom told. 


"Yes mam", she told. "What is happening here? Do you realize the importance of your role as doctor and nurse? How careless that nurse was? Please do something immediately. The blood test has to be done in another 10 minutes.", I shouted. I became very angry with the morning shift nurse as it is a matter of playing with life of a baby. It should be taken seriously and it is not something which one cannot be irresponsible.


The test had been taken and my son had neonatal jaundice as I expected. He was taken to neonatal care unit and was kept in warmer. They used to call us when he had to be taken to my room for feeding. My mom used to bring him to the room and took him back to warmer. It continued for 2 days.


Doctors told that they were thinking that he might be better now. To confirm that, they told that they will take a blood test again. They took a blood sample and left the baby in my room itself. They told that we could keep him with us till the result had come.


My son was happily enjoying in the room. He did not like to sleep. The real bonding had started between us as he was not well in the initial days. I played with him and he enjoyed being in the room with me.


The result had come and they told that there was a very good improvement but it would be better if we could keep in warmer for another 8 hours. My son was taken to warmer by mom. I felt very hard when he was taken as we enjoyed being together and he started to recognize me. I fed him well before sending. They told my mom that she could come after 2 hours for the next feeding.


In another 15 minutes, we got a call in my room that baby was continuously crying. My mom went. "Please feed the child and bring him.", the nurse told and gave the baby. 


My mom thought that he did not drink the milk properly. I felt that he drank more than enough. "He might be very hungry", I thought. I fed him but he did not drink. He was just playing on my lap. I tried to feed him but it went in vain. It was more than 30 minutes and I sent him back.  I just wanted him to stay for 8 hours totally to recover completely. I wanted him to come back to me as soon as possibly.


We got another call again in another 10 minutes and my mom went. "Has your daughter fed him well? He is crying again.", the nurse told my mom and gave the baby.


"My daughter told that he drank well and he did not drink last time when I took him", she told. Then they said my mom to go back to room and they would take care.


They tried to console him but he was not getting consoled. They again called us back. My mom went and my baby was given.


He did not drink milk but he was playing again. He was not at all crying when he was with me. I waited for another 30 minutes as I thought that the nurse would scold if he cries again. I sent him back.


My mom told everything to the nurse and gave the baby to her. We got a call again and saying that the baby was crying. My mom went. She was tired as she wanted to go up and down of 3 floors.


"May be, baby wants to be with his mom only. That might be the reason. He stayed with her last night right. Initially he was ill. But now he has become normal and he does not want to stay away from his mom anymore", the nurse told with smile. My mom told that the nurse was little emotional too seeing the baby's love for his mom.


"It is so true", both me and my mom thought. He was enjoying thoroughly in the room. The doctor heard about the whole thing and she told that the level of jaundice had reduced significantly. "If he could not stay in the warmer, let he stay with you. But you just keep him under sunlight every morning for another one month. That should be fine.", she told. "But I have to mention that your baby loves you so much and it so pure. I feel amazed when I came to know about what happened.", she told.


The tears were rolling down already. With so much love in heart, I turned to my sleeping baby and what I got to see was a divine smile from my baby. I hugged him immediately and had no words to express how happy I felt. 


Do you think that I could forget these memories in my life? Never. Thank God for his beautiful blessing in my life. Share your golden memories of yours.


Share your #MemoriesForLife like I’ve done at BlogAdda for HDFC Life. I have shared here.

2 comments:

  1. Good post thanks for share information.

    ABHIRAM ASTROLOGY CENTER.Best Astrologer In hrbr-layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull post,Thanks for sharing.
    Click here to get a best astrological services contact. Vashikaran Astrologer in Davangere

    ReplyDelete