Wednesday 16 March 2016

Beautiful Memories With My Dad

My dad is my real time superhero.He taught us so many things by his words, but he taught even more by his actions.He is working as a special assistant in Indian Overseas Bank. He belonged to a middle-class family. My dad's parents love girl children more than him and my mom's parents love boy children more than her. I and my sister used to tease them that they should exchange their parents. Thus, they didn't get support in any form from both of their parents. My grandparents have never bothered about us either in happy times or in hard times. My dad is the only one who is our physical, mental and emotional supporter. 

The most important thing I learned from my father is money doesn't count always. He made me understand that love and security are not always connected to money. Hugs and presence are the most important needs for every human being. He started his career as a clerk and still he remains as a special assistant.

He is a more knowledgeable person. Many wondered why such an eligible and knowledgeable person still remains in the same position. He got so many opportunities to get promoted as a manager. But he doesn't even dare to utilize those opportunities. The only reason that stopped him from accepting such offers is that if he gets a promotion, then it is mandatory for him to get transferred to some other location once in every two years. Due to my studies, he had to go alone if he gets transferred.

One day he was called for an interview in Madurai. My mom packed everything for him the day before itself. He said goodbye to me before going to bed as he had to start early in the morning. Next day, I took my cup of coffee after getting up and came to the balcony where I was shocked to see my father sitting and reading the newspaper. I couldn't believe my own eyes. When I asked my mom, she told that he never wants to leave us alone.

Though he was born and brought up in a family where he used to strive hard for his daily expenses, he never gives more importance for the money. He always gives value to relationships. He knows that such promotions will give him much pride, more money and will help him to prove his identity. But he sacrificed all such things just for us. In that way, he distinguished himself from others in a better way. 

I saw some of my friend's fathers sending them valuable gifts on their birthday which never ever pleases them. They always wanted to spend some quality time with their dad which is their real need. They don't need such valuable presents but they need only their father's valuable presence. They feel jealous of me when I tell them about my dad. I believe that time is the best thing a father can give to his children. He is the only person who makes me feel valued.

I think this quality makes him stand proudly apart from the commoners and this is the one that makes me love him even more.

There is no wonder that he is my role model. He has taught me the importance of family, relationship and love which all we need to lead a happy life. Now, I am a mother of a kid and I have resigned my job from a top IT company to take care of my kid. My hubby is also in the same line and he also feels that my presence is more important for my kid than the gifts I can buy for him.

Share your #MemoriesForLife like I’ve done at BlogAdda for HDFC Life.  Check my message here.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this nice article.
    For Furniture Repair visit thesofastore,they give
    Best Sofa Repair Services in RT Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog with good content,thanks for sharing.
    The best astrological services contact. Best Astrologer in Davangere

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Article,useful information.
    For best indian astrology services contact us Best Indian Astrologer in Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post, thanks for posting this kind of useful information.
    Visit Best Astrologer In Armane Nagar

    ReplyDelete